Skip to main content

Look For Jesus

2 Kings 2:11 As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.

I don't have any profound words about this particular scripture.  I find the relationship of Elijah and Elisha to be very similar to that of Jesus and me (or any one of us).  Elisha does not want to leave his friend for fear that he will miss Elijah's last moment.  When asked if there was anything he wanted from him, Elisha tells Elijah that he wants a double portion of his spirit.  This happened once Elisha sees Elijah taken up.  We have the same thing happen with us and Jesus.  We receive a portion of His Spirit when we see accept His death in our place.  How often do I spend every possible moment with Jesus, trying to keep Him in my sight?  Maybe it's more that I don't keep my sight on Him and I need my viewpoint adjusted.  We must look for Jesus in order to see Him.  And when we see Him, then we will be better able to recognize where His Spirit is at work in us, around us, and through us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed Assurance

Romans 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth , nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. This verse just makes me want to shout, "AMEN!"  But isn't it frustrating how Satan knows exactly where to hit us to make us doubt?  And then he is so good at kicking us while we are down.  I, unfortunately, had this experience very recently.  I was feeling a little worried about a particular situation and then Satan pounced and made me feel like an enormous loser.  He was feeding me lies that he knew I would believe, because they are the same lies I always fall for.  Thankfully, I was able to spend some time with God in quiet solitude.  I was reminded that no matter what Satan throws at me, I will never be separated from the love of God because I have Christ Jesus...

For Mom

1 Corinthians 13:4-5 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. This is a post for Mom.  She is the embodiment of these words written by Paul.  When I think of Mom and who God created her to be, this is it.  Each of these phrases describes her perfectly.  Mom learned very early on in her walk with Jesus to let Him have His way in her life.  Who she is and has been to people is the testament to that.  Her patience with a super naughty 2-year old, namely me, rivaled that of Job.  I don't ever remember her getting angry.  Quite frankly, Mom and the word angry in the same sentence is laughable.  She never bragged or boasted about us (even though we know she's proud of us) because that wouldn't be showing love to her listener.  Mom was never rude, she was always serving others, and she was never jud...

Thank You

My year is complete.  I will not be posting any new Daily Devotionals.  However, I may post some updates on what is coming next for me as a writing project.  I will leave the site up for you if, you're just starting or just wanting to reread.  I am grateful to all of you who have read and journeyed with me this year.  God has been good in the midst of trial and joy.  I pray the best for you in 2015.  Thank you for reading!