Skip to main content

Changed Forever

Galatians 1:23 They only heard the report: "The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy."

Paul's conversion story is pretty incredible.  He went from persecuting Christians to being persecuted for being a Christian.  What made Paul change so drastically that he became what he was once fighting against?  He had an encounter with Jesus.  This is exactly what we need.  We need to meet Jesus in those moments when we are on our "road to Damascus".  We need Jesus to speak words of truth into our lives to turn us completely around.  We need to be in the presence of the risen Christ that we might be changed forever.  Even after accepting Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior, I still have times where I find myself on the "road to Damascus" and need a moment with Jesus to be changed by his presence in the midst of my own struggle with life.  And that's the beauty of having a living Savior.  We can meet Him at any turn and He can live in us to transform our hearts into the beautiful creations we were meant to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed Assurance

Romans 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth , nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. This verse just makes me want to shout, "AMEN!"  But isn't it frustrating how Satan knows exactly where to hit us to make us doubt?  And then he is so good at kicking us while we are down.  I, unfortunately, had this experience very recently.  I was feeling a little worried about a particular situation and then Satan pounced and made me feel like an enormous loser.  He was feeding me lies that he knew I would believe, because they are the same lies I always fall for.  Thankfully, I was able to spend some time with God in quiet solitude.  I was reminded that no matter what Satan throws at me, I will never be separated from the love of God because I have Christ Jesus...

For Mom

1 Corinthians 13:4-5 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. This is a post for Mom.  She is the embodiment of these words written by Paul.  When I think of Mom and who God created her to be, this is it.  Each of these phrases describes her perfectly.  Mom learned very early on in her walk with Jesus to let Him have His way in her life.  Who she is and has been to people is the testament to that.  Her patience with a super naughty 2-year old, namely me, rivaled that of Job.  I don't ever remember her getting angry.  Quite frankly, Mom and the word angry in the same sentence is laughable.  She never bragged or boasted about us (even though we know she's proud of us) because that wouldn't be showing love to her listener.  Mom was never rude, she was always serving others, and she was never jud...

Do Not Give Up

Galatians 6:9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. This is the verse I have needed at the start of this school year.  I have been literally tired from my job.  I do not like that when people ask me how I'm doing or how my job is going, my response is I love it, but it's tiring.  This has been a journey these three years.  I have learned so many job related things, but more importantly, God has changed my heart and taught me some Spirit related nuggets as well.  This verse is one of them.  Sometimes we grow weary as we fight the battle.  This verse reminds us that there is a harvest coming if we will only 'keep on keepin' on'.  I have prayed many times for God's strength to come to me and carry me through.  This has been a tiresome battle, but there are so many good things that I have already reaped.  This verse is my reminder to hang in there.  God is on the mov...